Before I give you run down on 2016, a quick re-cap on December. I completed another 9 Strava challenges, taking my total to 272. I also added 67 more explorer tiles, 140 new segments and completed the Lancaster parkrun once.
So what did I do in 2016. I managed 17 races/events, which surprised me, and it did include a continuous triple ironman (blog entry coming soon), 4 sportives and 11 parkruns.
Distance wise, VeloViewer once again comes up trumps.
It wasn’t the highest total for cycling, but it was for running, even with hardly running in the last couple of months. Over the year I also rode 8 different bikes:
- Brompton (borrowed) 126km
- Fuji 164km
- Trek Cobia (sold) 227km
- Colnago (given away) 501km
- Trek 920 645km
- Principia 763km
- Forme 2618km
- Scott 11149km
Most of my miles have been done on my Scott, which is in for a much needed service next week at The Edge Cycleworks in Lancaster. Next year I vow to ride my Fuji and Principia more. I have new tri bars for the fuji and will attempt to set it up more comfortably.
One measure that I love is the explorer score, which shows new places that I’ve been, and has gradually increased over the year.
Some more interesting cumulative stats from my years on Strava:
- Kudos; 2012 – 61, 2013 – 1591, 2014 – 5234, 2015 – 15150, 2016 – 40273.
- Explorer; 2012 – 1402, 2013 – 2624, 2014 – 3938, 2015 – 5096, 2016 – 5932.
- Maximum explorer square; 2012 – 6×6, 2013 – 9×9, 2014 – 9×9, 2015 – 12×12, 2016 – 14×14.
Plans for 2017:
- Increase my explorer score, and take my max square to 15×15 or more.
- Ironman UK. Not sure how that happened.
- More photos, stopping more often to look at the views.
- Make the most of every day.
- Support my beautiful wife as she attempts to swim 50 miles and run 500 miles in 2017.
- Achieve 300 Strava challenges.
- Blog once a week, and maybe even blog about last years triple 🙂
Here’s wishing you all a great 2017. Keep on keeping on.